Most years I tend to find it quite easy to pick my favourite single of the year but, for some reason, it’s been quite hard to do so this year.
In fact, it’s so close I’m almost tempted to not bother ranking the first few but for posterity’s sake, have done so, at least as at today’s date. It may be different tomorrow!
So without further ado here’s the top 10:
- Adam Stafford – Atheist Money (Song, By Toad)
- Tuff Love/Lazy Day – Groucho / Portrait (Lost Map)
- Bruising – Emo Friends / Honey (Beech Coma)
- Spare Snare – No Quise Angustiarte (Chute)
- Vladimir – In My Head (self released)
- Memory Man – In Praha (Black Ditto)
- Book Group – Late Show (self released)
- Lola In Slacks – Tramlines (Stereogram)
- ULTRAS – The Path To Getting Paid (Instinctive Racoon)
- Fazerdaze – Little Uneasy (self released)
An honourable mention must go to the Cathode Ray for no fewer than 3 singles all of which could have made the above list. But in picking this list I’ve gone for songs with no parent albums (at least not this year). The Ray’s time will come …